PDA

View Full Version : My Terry Jacka CS bullwhip

Junior
08-21-2010, 03:09 PM
Heres a couple PICS of my CS bullwhip made by Terry Jacka. It is a 10 footer that I got from the company that supplied them for the film. Ordered it as soon as it was offered and got it in October of 08. Cost about $800+. To make it SA I hand painted the top knot and bottom with dark brown leather dye. I also added the final touch of tying the knot in the wristloop. ;)

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr65/yodakiller1138/006.jpg

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr65/yodakiller1138/005.jpg

crismans
08-22-2010, 02:21 AM
Very nice! I know there are some Morgan enthusiasts that would string me u for this but I really like the look of the CS bullwhip. I like the contrasting colors. Nice job getting this for your whip.

Noah
08-23-2010, 07:03 AM
Fine looking whip there! I like both styles, Morgan and Jacka. Awesome whip! ;D

deadseascrolls
08-28-2010, 01:48 AM
Very nice! I know there are some Morgan enthusiasts that would string me u for this but I really like the look of the CS bullwhip. I like the contrasting colors. Nice job getting this for your whip.

Indeed, a VERY NICE WHIP! I'd like to dye my knots as well, so may get in touch (or if you'd like, to get in touch with me) with you about how to do the same process you did as I'm just not that gifted in that area I'm afraid.

Does your whip have the Signature J label on the butt of the whip handle? I know Jacka offers this currently, but think it might be possible to have it left off, which I would to make it more SA.

Great whip once again! Funds well earned I'm sure, but a great choice to invest in! Hoping to pick one up someday myself.

bendingoak
08-28-2010, 03:34 AM
I got to crack one of the CS Jacka whips ( 10 footer). It is a beast.

Junior
08-28-2010, 11:51 AM

Indeed, a VERY NICE WHIP! I'd like to dye my knots as well, so may get in touch (or if you'd like, to get in touch with me) with you about how to do the same process you did as I'm just not that gifted in that area I'm afraid.

Does your whip have the Signature J label on the butt of the whip handle? I know Jacka offers this currently, but think it might be possible to have it left off, which I would to make it more SA.

Great whip once again! Funds well earned I'm sure, but a great choice to invest in! Hoping to pick one up someday myself.

It's NOT the J series. Its exactly like the whip in the film. Dyeing the knots is simple. Use Fiebings Dark brown. Get a small paint brush like you would use on model kits. Make sure its made of real hair and not synthetic bristles. Then carefully put the dye on the knots. The bottom knot you want to just paint the knot. DO NOT paint the bottom as its NOT dyed.