PDA

View Full Version : WPG shirt

djd
05-24-2012, 05:10 AM
I got hold of a WPG Indy shirt yesterday. I had one of the old 'tent' versions but I was told they had changed a lot since those days. Well, first impressions are that it's still on the massive size of large. I'm told they shrink in the wash so I'm giving that a go... Colour is good. Darker than my AB shirt but similar to my LC Azuma shirt. The detail seems generally fine but it's all too big! The material is lighter than the old WPG 'canvas' but still heavier than other Indy shirts out there. If it shrinks it'll be fine.....

kiltie
05-24-2012, 03:25 PM
I'm interested to see how this turns out. I had a WPG shirt ( my first ), and liked it well enough: it was the "tent" model. I like to throw what little bit of money I can at WPG because of their wide and relatively inexpensive line of products. Being in the market to score a new Indy shirt at some point and not being too hung up on total screen accuracy, I'd be happy to go with them.
I've seen pictures of you, maybe at FL, and if memory serves, you're fairly broad shouldered. I'm no monster of a man, but I tend to be too big for a large in that respect, but an XL is a wholly inauthentic fit, not just for indygear, but any vintage look I aspire to. Sooooo.... How's the shoulder fit, out of the bag? Would you say that the bulk is primarily in the torso, as the old version?

djd
05-24-2012, 03:43 PM
Wouldn't be at FL but yes I have fairly broad shoulders. A WPG Large is a couple of inches too wide in that area. In comparison an AB large is a good snug fit. A Wested XL is also a good deal smaller than a WPG L

djd
05-24-2012, 09:25 PM
Well, I think it's shrunk a bit so that's good news!

Indyoriginal
05-25-2012, 12:22 AM
djd, I bought a WPG shirt last year in size S, and it is really, really small, and shrank up a bit in the wash to boot.

djd
05-25-2012, 08:11 AM
Decided to wear it to work today - seeing as I'm just bumming round the office. The wash has certainly caused it to shrink a bit- still s little baggy for my taste but much better. It's also lost some of its colour so it's a little closer to the colour of my AB shirt. Quality of construction seems good. The fabric is heavier than the AB and Wested but nothing like the old WPG which were more like denim. Better than the Wested shirt I have certainly