PDA

View Full Version : Announcement from Bill Kelso

PLATON
05-22-2012, 09:23 AM
The Bill Kelso team is looking for a good pattern to make a ToD jacket.

The new jacket is going to be named "Fortune and Glory" jacket as this was a line from ToD movie and also to show homage to the people of this forum. (I hope you have not registered the trademark :D)

Gunslinger
05-22-2012, 10:10 AM
:banllama: :banllama: :banllama:

Leamas
05-22-2012, 06:08 PM
Tell them to get on the stick and develop a Last Crusade jacket! ;) That really is my favorite and there aren't too many ones out there that capture the look of the one in the movie. Logan's Closet is in the process of creating one - last I heard anyway - but beyond that...not much. Magnoli and TNO, whenever they take orders again - both are custom and a bit too pricey, though - and Westeds' don't look right at all.

Leamas

Dagda
05-22-2012, 06:09 PM
Sadly, the Wested LC's don't look right at all. But, I still love mine.

Leamas
05-22-2012, 06:13 PM
You know, KT Templar has a great looking LC from Wested, much of it his own specs. He's posted pics of it a few times. If Wested would just base a LC jacket off of his, they'd have a pretty darn nice looking jacket that I'd be ordering in a heartbeat. It doesn't seem to be a priority for them, however.

Leamas

Topper
05-22-2012, 06:46 PM
The best TOD jacket was the one TNO made. Maybe someone could lend a TNO TOD jacket to Kelso.

indydude18
05-22-2012, 08:55 PM
The best TOD jacket was the one TNO made. Maybe someone could lend a TNO TOD jacket to Kelso.

I agree, I've seen some TN ToD's and the leather on those looked amazing.

PLATON
05-22-2012, 09:42 PM
you mean the best leather? or the best design?

Topper
05-22-2012, 10:12 PM
IMO both but I especially meant the cut. Tony nailed all the TOD features the best.

Kt Templar
05-22-2012, 10:21 PM
Not really. Not even the right type of zipper IIRC.

Buckles were easy, Peter told everyone where they could find them.

His distressing was nice, thought the colour of leather he found owed more to the warmness of the pics I shared rather than what you saw on screen. The actual colour is more grey and the finish of the leather far more like the traditional smooth lamb of 2000's era Westeds.

djd
05-22-2012, 10:32 PM
The thing that strikes me with the ToD jacket is that it hangs off the shoulders like a raiders - totally unlike a LC. That's what always made me think they were either left over raiders jackets or copies of raiders jackets

crismans
05-22-2012, 11:16 PM
The thing that strikes me with the ToD jacket is that it hangs off the shoulders like a raiders - totally unlike a LC. That's what always made me think they were either left over raiders jackets or copies of raiders jackets

One or two might have made it into production, I agree. The main two jackets are totally different of course.

Topper
05-22-2012, 11:25 PM

A zipper doesn't make a jacket. TN even made the side vents as they should be. I had two Wested NH TOD Replica jackets and both were a bit off the specs.

crismans
05-22-2012, 11:43 PM

A zipper doesn't make a jacket. TN even made the side vents as they should be. I had two Wested NH TOD Replica jackets and both were a bit off the specs.

Were these early production models? I'm just wondering as I know the first few that came out had problems with the vent as well with the storm flap top (RC had one of these, I know). I thought they were corrected on later models.

indydude18
05-22-2012, 11:59 PM

Hey Topper,

Can you explain what was off? I'd like to check this against my own!

Topper
05-23-2012, 12:13 AM
I've bought both TOD jackets within a couple of weeks difference.
I especially asked Gemma to get the improved version but what I can still remember that on one jacket was the stormflap stitching too wide.
Also the end part of the zipper was different. Looked like Peter ran out of the oldstock hardware.
The stitching by the zipper wasn't quite straight. Both jackets had many little flaws. Mostly due to the poor stitchings.
Well nothing new when we talk about Wested.

Kt Templar
05-23-2012, 06:48 AM
Are you in the sweetspot of about 40-42?

EG. The Character has has about 3 or 4 in different leathers, the pattern apart from the initial 10 where the machinist misread the side vents and top of the storm flap, have been virtually identical.

The one I just sold is a perfect example.

RCSignals
05-24-2012, 09:35 AM

Buckles were easy, Peter told everyone where they could find them.

His distressing was nice, thought the colour of leather he found owed more to the warmness of the pics I shared rather than what you saw on screen. The actual colour is more grey and the finish of the leather far more like the traditional smooth lamb of 2000's era Westeds.

LOL KT

Actually Tony's buckles although the same as what Peter uses were sourced before Peter made his announcement.

The Zipper TN used was the correct size just a smaller pull which may be my fault because I asked for a normal sized pull

He made these in different leathers Mine is his 'happy Cow' which is nothing like any Wested lamb leather from 2000 and certainly not grey nor 'smooth'

I don't know what jacket you have seen though obviusly

Gunslinger
05-24-2012, 09:50 AM
I think KT may be referring to the screen used "Noel Howard" jacket(?)

RCSignals
05-25-2012, 09:02 AM
I think KT may be referring to the screen used "Noel Howard" jacket(?)

That could be in his last sentence but he does start addressing the TN jacket.
The photos of the 'NH' jacket don't look too grey to me although the distressed areas exposing the raw leather may have been grey in 'real time'. The close up shot of the leather Peter showed indicated a slight pebbly grain, obviously the jacket was heavily 'distressed' though and no doubt that rendered some smoothness overall

Kevin Anderson
05-25-2012, 02:11 PM
I'd be happy to give Bill Kelso my Wested Protoype TOD, the one I got from 'The Character'. It would be nice to give something back to help the 'Indy' community.
Only problem is it doesn't have the right side vents.. It does, however, have the best TOD pockets I've ever seen on a replica.
With longer sleeves and smaller armholes, It'd be a very good starting point for a very accurate 'Ford spec' Temple of Doom jacket. Just throwing it out there.

Kevin Anderson
05-26-2012, 10:38 AM
No? Wow, seems I can't even give this thing away! ;D