PDA

View Full Version : Bill Kelso jackets

PLATON
05-21-2012, 04:48 PM
Hi guys,

I guess I should let you know that there are some new jackets offered by Bill Kelso and among them a very faithful version of the iconic jacket we all care about, in case you didn't know that.

Please visit again soon as Bill Kelso has at least 3 more jackets in the works and photos and information will be posted on the site shortly.

Any questions you might have, better send email to sales@billkelsomfg.com
otherwise risking of not getting an answer.

Thanks

Kevin Anderson
06-02-2012, 06:13 AM
Where exactly is Bill Kelso located, and where are the jackets produced? I can't find any information on the site.
From the text I've read I get the feeling English is not their first language, but I may be mistaken.

djd
06-02-2012, 06:38 AM
I am guessing Greece?

RCSignals
06-02-2012, 10:13 AM
I am guessing they have a shop in the Delphi :drink:

Kevin Anderson
06-02-2012, 11:56 AM
I only ask because if I order I'd like to avoid a 'Magnoli' type situation, where the jacket is made by someone else in another country altogether.
Communication can be difficult and orders can be mucked up when there's a third party involved.

The Pawn
06-02-2012, 12:34 PM
I ordered one. Andy has stated that are striving for a reproduction of the Nowak Raiders jacket that was loaned to them. Although a bit pricey, this is a nice alternative to the Wested hero since Riley is no longer taking orders. I will post pics when I receive it.

djd
06-02-2012, 02:32 PM
I only ask because if I order I'd like to avoid a 'Magnoli' type situation, where the jacket is made by someone else in another country altogether.
Communication can be difficult and orders can be mucked up when there's a third party involved.

I sympathise Kevin. I've had a couple of things mucked up by Magnoli due to what I'd consider to be a lack of quality control

IfAdventureHasAName
06-04-2012, 02:18 PM
After sending a email to Bill Kelso Mfg concerning future products from the company, along with ordering specific sleeve and back length, this is the response I received.

"Dear (Name),

Thanks for your message.

We are already working on the Temple of Doom jacket.
It will be an 100% exact replica of the film jacket. We hope to release it in July.

We are considering also to release the Last Crusade around next September.
There is no plan for Crystal Skull.

Want to order Relic Hunter with specific sleeve and back? Simple.
You just order the size you want and then you send us an email asking for the specifics you need.
We communicate and confirm your order.

Thanks and regards,
Andy"

:toast:

PLATON
06-04-2012, 02:45 PM
ah good!
you saved me the time from announcing that

Kevin Anderson
06-04-2012, 03:39 PM
Do you know where the jackets are made Platon?
I've read on The Fedora Lounge it's Greece. Nothing wrong with that, but I just wish the website would state it, unless I missed it.
For ages, many people were thought Magnoli stuff was made in-house. I had to ask several times before I found where my jacket was being made.
Now, it's on the website.
Luckily, these jackets don't seem quite so 'custom' and involved as Magnoli stuff, but I'm still getting that same vibe..
I guess it's why Tony Nowak could charge a premium. You spoke to him, in his store, right where the jacket was going to be made
by him, or by people working closely with him. No middle-men, no confusion. Orders came out as they were supposed to, because of
great communication.
I hope Kelso can do the same, but if there is a third party involved (customer, order-taker, overseas maker) then mistakes can be made. :(
On the other hand, Wested, with no third-party, had/has HUGE QC problems, but for a while that seemed to be simply because they didn't care.
Maybe the Wested situation is better now, I'm not sure.

indymassilia
06-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Yes,it will be very good if on the BK website ,we can see some pictures of the company and leather tailorman at work!
It will be very interesting,we all love "cave of Alibaba"'s place :toast:
Thanks!

Kevin Anderson
06-05-2012, 03:34 PM
I've sent a message to BK to find out a few things, and asked a few questions regarding the upcoming TOD too...

Kevin Anderson
06-06-2012, 02:02 PM
...and I just received a very comprehensive reply from Andy! It sounds like a very professional operation; I think I'll be placing an order soon enough! 8)
I can't wait to see how some of the already-ordered Raiders jackets turn out for members who have them on the way.