PDA

View Full Version : Dates of Production for CS Production Felt Fedoras

deadseascrolls
05-11-2012, 03:52 AM
I am interested to know if anyone knows the date bracket that Steve had from when he first started using the same batch of felt to when he ran out of that batch of felt that he used to make the CS Production hats for the film. I've got a couple of hats and am on the lookout for more, and have always wondered if I, by chance, have a hat that was made with the same run of felt used to make the film hats and thus have a "production FELT" fedora (note, not "production materials" - totally different bird). If so, I would hate to make the mistake of putting up on the auction block or classifieds, only to regret later on having sold such a hat.

An example of what I'm looking for is like such --- September 16, 2007 to April 8, 2010

If you are aware of any dates, I'd be interested in hearing from you.

Thanks! :)

djd
05-11-2012, 06:51 AM
I was under the impression that steve held that felt back for particular hats rather than including it I the general production run? Bearing in mind that he was making hats for folks well before CS. The hats with the production felt I think would be specifically sold and marked as such inside the sweatband

I could be wrong but I'm going by what I recall from COW at the time