PDA

View Full Version : Color of..... underwear

PLATON
05-07-2012, 12:00 PM
http://www.coloradohpjunkies.com/forums/images/smilies/this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

just trying to start a discussion.
Com'on bring the pics

PLATON
05-07-2012, 03:36 PM
it's ridiculus that I started 10 out of 14 threads from this page
c'mon guys

start some topic.
how about what color underwear HF wore
in comparison to the period accurate ha ha

deadseascrolls
05-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Well PLATON,

Not sure if this necessarily counts as a good discussion topic but...

How in the heck did Ford maintain his sanity wearing the Cavalry Twill Trousers?!

After realizing that I won't be able to get back most of my money back out of a pair of new Wested trousers I bought, had tailored, and now wanted to sell, I decided that since I won't and since they're brand new, I'd actually wear and abuse them down to a decent level to make a successful sale. As such, I've been wearing them for about a week now around the house as casual lounge wear and am doing everything I can to keep wearing them, despite the fact that they're SO DARN ITCHY!

People told me wool is itchy, but has anyone noticed their trousers being super itchy if you have cavalry twill? I can't imagine what Ford must've felt like wearing these day in and day out during filming NOT ONE but THREE films in Cavalry Twill and one in regular wool. And to addd that to the heat and constant rubbing on objects would make the chaffing on the legs unbearable I would think.

Any personal reflections or "customer testimonials" of their Cavalry Twill trousers?

djd
05-07-2012, 04:51 PM
They don't bother me DSS. I find them quite comfortable. If its hot enough all trousers are uncomfortable

Kevin Anderson
05-07-2012, 04:57 PM
Maybe Wested just use nasty, cheap wool for their trousers?

deadseascrolls
05-07-2012, 05:01 PM
They don't bother me DSS. I find them quite comfortable. If its hot enough all trousers are uncomfortable

Thanks for the input djd. Have you always worn pure wool trousers or were the cavalry twill your first introduction to wool? I haven't really worn wool much in my life (the only other exception to my Indy trousers being a pair of US WWII trousers) so maybe that's a reason for me. However, I find the regular wool to be more bearable but still itchy. Perhaps it's just me - some people can bear it, others it's tougher. Also, with regular wool, you don't have the "ribbing" that's a signature feature of cavalry twill, so maybe the ribbing is what's the cause for my discomfort.

Yet, I'm BOUND AND DETERMINED to make myself get used to them. ;D

deadseascrolls
05-07-2012, 05:04 PM
Maybe Wested just use nasty, cheap wool for their trousers?

Well, the weave and texture of the fabric is consistent with other cavalry twills I've come across so I think they use the regular stuff. I'm thinking cavalry twill is a coarser wool than say wool twill is. I have yet to try on my Magnoli Wool twill trousers, but they, from a hand touch feel, seem very soft and more comfortable.

Returningson
05-07-2012, 07:31 PM
I saw how the hell did Ford wear his ENTIRE COSTUME while filming. I put on all my gear the other day to see how my "halloween" outfit was coming and mean, it was actually heavier than I thought it would be and hotter. The it struck me that Ford filmed scenes in Tunisia or wheverever. I mean Damn, i cant believe the guy didnt pass out.

djd
05-07-2012, 07:35 PM
True! When I visited Kairouan I only wore my Indy shirt with shorts and I was baked

deadseascrolls
05-07-2012, 07:52 PM
I mean Damn, i cant believe the guy didnt pass out.

:agree:

neutronbomb
05-07-2012, 09:12 PM
I figured you knew he wore grey underwear Platon ???

djd
05-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Everyone wore grey underwear in those days....

PLATON
05-08-2012, 07:14 AM
the pants don't itch if the wool is the light version. The MBA pants don't itch.
The indy pants are completely different than the wwii pinks. The pinks are much heavier fabric.

I thought they wore white underwear

neutronbomb
05-08-2012, 11:55 AM
http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt235/neutronbomb_photos/ROTLA%20SCENES%20-%20FLYING%20WING/epicfacepalm.jpg
http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt235/neutronbomb_photos/ROTLA%20SCENES%20-%20FLYING%20WING/underroos.jpg
http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt235/neutronbomb_photos/ROTLA%20SCENES%20-%20FLYING%20WING/implied-facepalm.jpg

PLATON
05-08-2012, 02:20 PM
ha ha ha so it's gray after all

don't get the meaning of the last pic though

neutronbomb
05-08-2012, 02:26 PM
It's just the look of, "Really? You guys have taken it this far."

A face palm without the Palm. :rolleyes:

djd
05-08-2012, 08:28 PM
I'm suffering from Indy withdrawal so badly I'm currently watching Relic Hunter.... What else can I say?

PLATON
05-08-2012, 08:58 PM
Relic Hunter?

do they still show that show?

I thought it was long forgotten

djd
05-08-2012, 09:17 PM
Not if you have the DVDs.... Mind you there are worse sights than Tia Carrera sprinting in a partially unzipped wet suit!

DocWeeks
05-09-2012, 01:18 AM
My Todd's pants don't itch at all, in fact I wore them to the Kentucky Derby Infield last weekend and was very comfortable even in the heat. Maybe being from the Arkansas Delta has conditioned me to shitty temps.

PLATON
05-09-2012, 01:27 PM
Tia Carrera is hot (or used to be)

djd
05-09-2012, 02:16 PM
I cannot disagree with you there