PDA

View Full Version : Beaver Adventurebilt For sale

indydude1
03-10-2012, 12:12 PM
Everybody I put my last Indiana Jones hat on the eBay here a link. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330699283044&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT#ht_500wt_1202

indydude1
03-10-2012, 12:13 PM
Any questions or want to make me a deal email me at indydude1@gmail.com

indyclone25
03-10-2012, 02:14 PM
sorry, with that spot on that hat i don't think you will get more than 50 bucks for it , hate to say it , but it is true . :angel:

Returningson
03-10-2012, 02:27 PM
agreed. God that sucks. Nice hat. Maybe if you thre some fuller's earth and had John Penham do a full own raiders "Cairo streets" distressing job it could mask some of it but still....may size too...:(

Topper
03-10-2012, 02:38 PM
sorry, with that spot on that hat i don't think you will get more than 50 bucks for it , hate to say it , but it is true . :angel:

Why only 50 bucks? Maybe some guys prefer some kind of used look?

My Schubert Raiders Hat (Cairo):

http://s3.imgimg.de/uploads/kurtb39f9d04JPG.jpg

indydude1
03-10-2012, 03:16 PM
I looked at the hat a while back and I noticed with a raider bash in it you can hardly see the spot.

indydude1
03-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Can't Penman turn a hat inside out and finish the inside to make it the outside? The spot does not go all the way through.

Gunslinger
03-10-2012, 08:06 PM
Yep that's pretty easily done.

Returningson
03-11-2012, 12:50 AM
the inside looks like it has stuff in it too..."Oxi-clean...why did it have to be Oxi-clean?"

:-*

indydude1
03-11-2012, 01:55 PM
The inside looks like it had glue that could have come off of the liner. It had a run in with Oxi-Clean because damned little kids don't know how to leave peoples stuff alone and stay away from the washer!

deadseascrolls
03-11-2012, 02:08 PM
The inside looks like it had glue that could have come off of the liner. It had a run in with Oxi-Clean because damned little kids don't know how to leave peoples stuff alone and stay away from the washer!

That was my thought as well - glue residue. However, I also see a slight spot where I believe the oxi-clean soaked through to the inside around the pinch. Not trying to kill your listing or people's interest in Indydude1, just pointing what I see objectively. I wish you the best with your listing. The felt looks like it's the exact same color as one of my AB's which is more of a reddish-brown rather than the plain brown of the regular AB's.

As for little kids - I fully understand. With the amount all of us have invested into our collections, it's terrible when parents or others don't have the understanding to realize that fact and let little kids "wander" into people's private areas to play dress-up with rare pieces of gear. That's why I told myself to buck up and invest in a lock on my other door that I can lock from the inside and unlock from the outside of my bedroom door to stop such "wanderings" in their tracks.

I feel your pain man! I feel it! :-[

indydude1
03-11-2012, 02:30 PM
I just went and pulled the hat out and the stain did go through after looking at it for a bit it did go through but it is not nearly the extreme it is on the outside. I usually have a hat rack at my house that I put my hat I'm wearing on and I learned the hard way to put my hats as high as possible.

Indiana Bugs
03-13-2012, 12:39 AM
The hat could never be a dress hat but would make a fine SoC-style hat. I say style because the stain is definitely not screen accurate, but it is certainly in the 'style' of a well worn hat.

deadseascrolls
03-15-2012, 02:27 AM
I see you've got a bid for it Indydude1! :banllama:

Hopefully the bids will pick up for you but at any rate, looks like you'll get your asking price for it.

Congrats!