PDA

View Full Version : New boot preferences

Todd
10-17-2011, 07:28 PM
I'm still looking for the right mfg for these boots, and I have a few options, but as you can guess, some options are pricey. I wanted to get a feel for what is most appealing to you. Let me explain the choices:

Average quality: Glued on sole, good leather upper and sole material. Compare to Rockport, Sketchers, etc. $75 - $99
Good Quality: Goodyear Welt, better materials, good craftsmanship. Compare to Carolina, Caterpillar, etc. $110 - $125
Best Quality: Goodyear welt, top materials and hardware, compare to Redwing, Alden $165 - $185

I really don't know how to call this one. I see the allure of the low end and high end, but I'd appreciate any input. I can only carry one option.

-Todd

RCSignals
10-17-2011, 08:48 PM
I'd prefer something with a Goodyear welt. The Best Quality looks to be best value for the money, but the 'Good quality' may be the reasonable compromise.

The Character
10-20-2011, 03:40 PM
Middle of the road .. good quality ...

some folks like me wear parts of their gear a lot so its better to have a good mid price that can be replaced when it wears out ... better than a high price .. Maybe i'm just one of those folks that 'kills' shoes and boots ... they last me about 6 months normally ... no matter what the quality!

but from a price point of view the 100 - 120 buck mark is good

Al

Nefarious
10-21-2011, 01:58 AM
i voted for best quality..... definitely a must when you get older. take care of your feet and they'll take care of the rest of you..