PDA

View Full Version : Raiders Display

Tyderium
10-16-2011, 04:40 AM
Not so much a show your gear but a project of mine I haven’t revisited for a long time and am trying to find the motivation to get back into.

Essentially the aim is for a museum quality Raiders statue/display. Something I have been working on and off (mainly off) for a few years. Lots of research and collecting in long time frames. Museum displays have always interested me and a generic interest in film props. In essence, freezing a moment in time, or in this case, a pop film culture icon.

The hat is custom made by Marc Kitter. The brim has relaxed and needs fixing. I also have a wonderful WoS hat made for me by Kurt which needs some photos.

Shirt is MBA.

Jacket is from the first few Tony made and is a Ford spec jacket cut from the first batch of shrunken lamb. I bought this from Chris King. It is also the jacket Peter Botwright had to study. Plenty of pictures of it exist on this board and elsewhere. Although it probably has a more relaxed drape these days compared with those pictures.

Anyway, I hope to get some better images up of gear and the overall display once I get going on this again.

Thanks for looking.

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/4241/72480144.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/819/72480144.jpg/)

RCSignals
10-16-2011, 07:29 AM
All looks good. Quite the look on that face!

Your jacket is a very good one, almost 100% spec but CK had some changes made which take it off spec slightly. Not a big deal though. The leather is near perfect.

Tyderium
10-17-2011, 08:13 AM
Thanks RC.
Yes, couple of safeguard changes requested by Chris as a result of the initial Slydini jacket confusion way back when.
Although I think these requests on the sleeve seam and yoke etc. were pretty much cancelled out as they matched the borrowed jacket anyway.
Left pocket ended up being placed 1" from storm flap stitching.

RCSignals
10-17-2011, 09:14 AM
Very true on some of the requests cancelled by being redundant. Probably the biggest off one was that pocket placement.

Did you do the finish work on that bust?

Tyderium
10-17-2011, 10:58 AM
No, it's a silicone bust with punched hair and glass eyes made by Howard Senft.
This pic is sort of old and I've since got another hat but I thought I'd throw it up here to get me motivated into continuing the thing.

RCSignals
10-17-2011, 08:43 PM
Well get busy I (and I'm sure others) would like to see more