PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Standard

crismans
08-16-2010, 12:51 AM
Todd,

I have one of your current pattern Standards. I really like it and find myself reaching for it a lot as it's weight makes it perfect to wear on most days.

However, being a bit of an SA nut, I'd love to get one with the shoulder seam under the yoke seam. I was wondering if you had any kind of guesstimate as to when a new batch of Standards might hit our shores.

But keep the current lamb, it is great.

indyclone25
08-16-2010, 02:54 PM
i agree with crismans

Todd
08-19-2010, 08:31 PM
Crismans,

That was the manufacturer's mistake. They had done that right for the last three orders, and then...

I'm not sure when I will be re-ordering jackets. Business has been down by about 75% this year. Probably at the end of the year.

crismans
08-24-2010, 01:49 AM
Thanks for the response! Like I said, I love the leather you've gotten for these. If it wasn't for this darn OCD, the yoke arm seam wouldn't bug me either! ;)

indyclone25
08-26-2010, 06:19 PM
well i hope the sales pick up. ;D i am thinking of getting a small standard for my 14 yr old , only thing is he looks like a twelve year old. so he might be swimming in it , but on the good side it will last him a few years .

Raider S
08-26-2010, 06:24 PM
Business has been down by about 75% this year.

I know this post is a few days old but I have to say wow, Todd, those are horrible numbers! Is it all the rough economy or do you think the lack of any new films is to blame?

indyclone25
08-26-2010, 06:40 PM
well at the chicago wizard world comic con last weekend i got asked by alot of people where i got my hat and jacket . i pretty told them that todds was the place to go for affordable iny items like the boots and the whip and the bag also. some people knew of todds already but were a bit leary since ''they only saw pictures'' but after seeing it on someone thay said it looked amazing. so maybe for the halloween season they will be heading to todds website .

crismans
08-27-2010, 01:02 AM
It seems (and this is only my own perception) that his jackets, for instance, have gotten a bit of a bad wrap as a "costume jacket". That is not my experience at all. It's not going to hold up with a HH jacket, maybe, (afterall it is lamb) but they are far from costume pieces.