PDA

View Full Version : Is it stupid to buy a "spare" leather jacket to save...

StarFighter
07-16-2011, 03:34 AM
Ok so I recently bought a jacket that for me, was totally perfect... love it... But they're rare. If they get another batch in I was wondering if I should buy a second one to keep as a spare for a few years down the line. Will it degrade if it's just in storage? Is this a stupid idea..

New Yorker Jones
07-16-2011, 04:59 AM
Are you referring to the USW import SL?

StarFighter
07-16-2011, 06:01 AM
Are you referring to the USW import SL?

Yup

RCSignals
07-16-2011, 06:44 AM
It wouldn't be the first time.

Or you might want to look at the new Wested Hero as an alternate

New Yorker Jones
07-16-2011, 07:11 AM
I love the USW SL I just got. While it would be nice to have another one as a spare, I had to go through a hassle and return a jacket that had a "defect" that Myke and Sarge won't own up to. So I'm out $20 on return shipping. And I didn't get the $10 gift card that's on the invoice. Not that it matters since I won't order from them anymore. Sarge was telling me how I ordered the wrong leather for me and that the below "defect" (a crack in the leather which was about to peel) is normal for the SL. :hairguy: Enough about me. I say go for the new Wested Hero. Of course depends on your budget, likes, etc.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/JimCem99/IMG_7137.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/JimCem99/IMG_7138.jpg

Gunslinger
07-16-2011, 10:40 AM
Defective!? You'll be charged with TREASON for suggesting such a thing. It also endangers US troops overseas who depend on USW for morale. Besides, everyone can see that's "Cracked Lamb" made to the original patterns.

Back on topic, I know you want to, but I wouldn't. Let that jacket you love be part of THIS part of your life; then move on when it's done. You'll fall in love with a new jacket in a few years and be invigorated by something different, and in doing so, stay fresh, still moving, with that different type of jacket that you love just as much or even more. Best of all, you're not sentencing yourself to live in a stasis. JMO.

crismans
07-16-2011, 01:37 PM
I have to agree with Gunslinger on this. Jackets are meant to be worn. Wear that jacket you love until it falls apart and then find a new one that you love.

Raider S
07-16-2011, 02:49 PM
Buy what you want and be happy. If it's a good deal and you think you want two, spend your money. The economy might tank soon anyway, so, what the hell. At least you'll have something to keep you warm. Or trade for beans.

Wear them both on a rotation and no worry about storage and both together will last twice as long.

As for wearing one jacket and loving it until it falls apart, how many who own multiple jackets are actually doing that?

indyclone25
07-16-2011, 07:47 PM
Buy what you want and be happy. If it's a good deal and you think you want two, spend your money. The economy might tank soon anyway, so, what the hell. At least you'll have something to keep you warm. Or trade for beans.

Wear them both on a rotation and no worry about storage and both together will last twice as long.

As for wearing one jacket and loving it until it falls apart, how many who own multiple jackets are actually doing that?

lol everytime i read something from you and i see your avatar i just hear his voice in my head as i read it. just funny , sorry back to topic .