PDA

View Full Version : Lotta Jacket Love Around Here! :)

KidHuevos
06-14-2011, 12:50 AM
I couldn't help but notice that the jacket gets the most attention here. Just out of curiosity, what's the appeal? Don't get me wrong, I think the jacket looks good- it's just that I have yet to get one myself- it's probably the last thing on my "to get" list. Please tell me why the jacket is a priority over a hat or replica Idol, for example. :)

RCSignals
06-14-2011, 01:20 AM
Good question. For me it's always been the jacket, actually most jackets.
The hat as well.

Kevin Anderson
06-14-2011, 01:55 AM
I guess because it's one of the most practical bits of gear. It can be worn by pretty much anyone, anytime.

crismans
06-14-2011, 01:58 AM
I think that the majority of the ones who first start posting here were fans of the jacket (I know it's my favorite bit of gear). By all means though, you hat folks (or bag or shirt, or shoes, etc.) feel free to start some threads on those things. We are a little jacket heavy. ;)

StarFighter
06-14-2011, 02:31 AM
I couldn't help but notice that the jacket gets the most attention here. Just out of curiosity, what's the appeal? Don't get me wrong, I think the jacket looks good- it's just that I have yet to get one myself- it's probably the last thing on my "to get" list. Please tell me why the jacket is a priority over a hat or replica Idol, for example. :)

I love fedoras, don't get me wrong. And I love whips. Both are more niche items though.. the whip moreso than the fedora. I do plan on getting more fedoras.

Leather jackets are just so damn cool though. I would wear one everyday of my life if I could. The feel of lambskin, the look of shiny leather. I love it.

PLATON
06-14-2011, 05:12 PM
I think that the jacket and shirt are the best items of the costume
as they can be worn anytime.

next come the boots, then the hat imho

Tibor
06-15-2011, 02:56 AM
I think the other reason is of all the gear, the jacket was unique to Indy. No one else ever had that exact style. Other guys wore hats, and some used whips, and lots wore boots and carried bags and guns, but only Indy had this jacket with the back pleats, straps, no knits, etc. Very cool.

Dagda
09-23-2011, 01:13 AM
and leather is perfect for adventures, because it records every story in the form of scrapes and scratches. That's an appeal for me. Plus, not much of a hat guy, really.