PDA

View Full Version : "Bantu Wind" super steal jackets $79

Todd
05-03-2011, 11:12 PM
Okay, don't laugh. We had an order of jackets come in that the manufacturer decided to change the yoke to make it fit better. It looks like the Bantu Wind jacket. The leather is a VERY sturdy lambskin with a grain you'll like. They are a little stiff, so some water or alcohol will be needed to remove the wrinkles from shipping. There are some minor quality issues (loose threads, etc) that can easliy be repaired with a needle and thread or sewing machine. Another issue is that the zippers are hard to work, but they should break in.

We have some "seconds" that tore slightly at the lower corner of the handwarmer pocket when we tested them. Again, needle and thread and you're good to go, or just leave it as is. The tears are less than 1/2" and can't be easily seen.

Some also have insulated linings.

Price is $99.95 for the firsts, $79.95 for the seconds. Here are some pics:

http://www.toddscostumes.com/images/indiana_jones_jacket_bw_A.jpg
http://www.toddscostumes.com/images/indiana_jones_jacket_bw_B.jpg
http://www.toddscostumes.com/images/indiana_jones_jacket_bw_C.jpg

Sorry about the model. Our regular guy wasn't available! We don't have many of these, so if you want a cheap beater, here's your chance!

-Todd

RCSignals
05-03-2011, 11:32 PM
Great deal

Nice looking leather.

Is that Bela Lugosi?

http://www.toddscostumes.com/images/indiana_jones_jacket_bw_B.jpg

crismans
05-04-2011, 12:29 AM
I do love that leather and a great deal on these.

Not trying to derail the thread, but are you going to be getting some more SA correct jackets in that leather?

G-MANN
05-04-2011, 12:42 AM
Man that's a great deal at that price.

Cheers,
John

indyclone25
05-04-2011, 01:50 PM
i may have to order me one of these jackets ! ;D

bigrex
05-04-2011, 09:04 PM
Still a great deal, :hail:

Todd
05-10-2011, 07:21 PM
Is that Bela Lugosi?

Yes...yes it is.

Regarding future jackets with the same leather, I don't think so. I like the look, but not the feel. If they can work that out, I'd be good with that. Actually, I've had a few customers say they prefer smoother leather. You just can't please everyone. I just go with what I see.

-Todd

K-Wad
05-10-2011, 08:19 PM
I've had my "Bantu Wind" jacket on for 5 days now.

It has become my favorite Raiders jacket.
Even with the tweaked yoke/shoulder seams, it is way more SA than both my custom Wested "Authentic Lamb" (which looked anything but "authentic") or my Wings Legend (which is a nice jacket, but, is in no way made from "original patterns" as claimed :rolleyes:).

The leather on these jackets is EXACTLY what I've always wanted, but, never knew it.

It is lighter in weight than the Wested lamb, but, feels much tougher. Overall, the grain is pebbly (like goatskin) with a few "shrunken" looking sections scattered throughout. It has plenty of texture and character, without being over the top.

Plus, I LOVE the color. It is plain old dark brown.
No funky undertones (like the green/grey color of the Wested), just brown.

Another big plus for me is that the collar looks like the hero jacket, not the big Imam/Hawaii collar available from every other vendor.

I am one happy camper!

Todd, Thanks for the killer deal on such a killer jacket!!!

lndiana Jones
05-14-2011, 10:17 PM
I just got one of these jackets and it is a great deal. Thanks to todds costumes for this one. There is a lot of character and grain and the fit is perfect.

bigrex
06-26-2011, 07:57 AM
Just got my discount jacket today with liner. It does look good although it will need some breaking in, this one has a liner so I don't expect it to look as screen accurate, but considering we were into June before we hit 80 F this year I think I made a wise purchase. As others have said, I also believe Mr. Coyle's pattern is superior to many other vendors, even with this particular fabricator's liberties taken with the supplied pattern. I do prefer lighter colored leather, but realize that this is probably more screen accurate. Can't go wrong for the price. I for the life of me can't find any loose stitches, pocket holes, etc. so I'm guessing it was just a funny job with the pattern and some creasing issues on this one. I'm tempted to buy a second without a liner. This leather does seem processed so as to be a little more stiff. I'm guessing stiffer than what I think Todd may consider to be ideal Indy jacket leather. If so, I think I might agree with him, still this is a great jacket for this price. Even if you're an Indy leather connoisseur that fondles leather samples to inspect for a certain level of suppleness you will still be a happy camper.